A Beautiful Mind

Watching it now! Feel free to start a new thread whenever you’re ready and I’ll hop on.

1 Like

I’m going to rephrase this again because carrying out a plan doesn’t feel like planning. And since it’s OS, I think it can be restated to include more of the OS perspective with something like “helping Nash to fit in” or “helping Nash find a place”. Still leads to the same conflict.

1 Like

Im going to have to watch it again too. been a long time. Will start a new thread late today or possibly tomorrow!!

A new question I have had, and decided to ask. If Parcher and co are the Influence characters /RS and drive Cash to the story consequence of gathering information, does this mean the IC is also the antagonist?

I’m thinking about the consequences now. What would you say they are?

I was thinking he would be gathering codes and articles rest of his life

They do seem rather antognistic to his getting better.

1 Like

Yes. This seems unique to have a story with an antagonist IC changed MC and a triumph story. I like it!!

1 Like

I’m thinking it’s because the MC starts out doing what the IC characters want (from a storytelling standpoint, not from a storyform standpoint), so when he takes the IC perspective, it actually means NOT doing what the Villian IC wants. So that’s a good thing.

1 Like

So, do I understand right then that there is good IC Charles whose perspective often is to get John to stop gathering information and eat for example. And villain IC Parcher who pursues the consequence to gather information. When John takes good IC Charles perspective he doesn’t do what villain IC wants and that’s the good thing. ??

1 Like

I don’t know what I think about this. I’ll have to give it some thought and come back

1 Like

When Charles tells him to stop studying, I don’t think it’s about avoiding consequences. It’s Charles trying to have an influence on John. The antagonist should be against John being seen for his genius instead of his crazy, Should prefer, perhaps, that the world not get a chance to learn or experience Johns true genius. I’d say Parcher definitely wants John to reconsider taking his meds and ignoring them.

Charles is more difficult, though. Maybe through offering John pizza and beer, he’s trying to get him to avoid coming up with that new idea? That doesn’t sound right.

1 Like

This helps me understand antagonist and story consequence much better!! Thank you again!!