A deeper understanding of propaganda / Dramatica

I must’ve mixed Moonlight up with the Dunkirk. Sorry @Gregolas! It’s Dunkirk that has a full throughline missing.

Thanks for that, @jhull.

1 Like

Ah yes, Dunkirk is definitely missing an IC throughline. Personally, I didn’t sense anything in the story pushing me to fill in that spot. It felt like the movie wanted the audience to maybe have a sense of pride when (kind of spoiler if you haven’t seen it I guess) the private British citizens boats show up. I think Jim mentioned this in his article as well-that may be the only reason I noticed it. But otherwise, I didn’t feel compelled to fill in any gaps.

Dunkirk was missing a Relationship Story Throughline. The IC was handily supplied by Mr. Mark Rylance. There was a bit of Main Character Throughline here and there, but the IC was SUPER LOUD.

That’s where the patriotism came into play.

Ah shoot, you’re right. I completely misremembered what was going on there. Knew I should’ve reread that article before speaking up again!

I just finished The Moon is Down by John Steinbeck. This is a beautiful example of propaganda. From my little experience, I was trying to figure out the storyform. Its written from an Omniscient POV. But I could nail the OS. And it’s in Mind. The flow was from:
The Preconscious to Subconscious to Memory to Conscious. Very fascinating.