Bob's my uncle: dot notation

@GetSchwifty: When I started with Dramatica I invested myself a lot of time building big structures hoping to better understand what’s behind. Resisting the temptation to analyze structure instead of writing was/is though as well.

The first real aha moments I had when I finally startet to write some short stories for some quads. This gave me a much broader understanding on the logic and how each of the parts work together.

A very satisfying moment as well is, when you have written something based on a first story form … and go back to Dramatica with a first draft to revise the story form … and see how magically the pieces in your story work together or not … you start again … much more informed now … with a second draft

2 Likes

I would be very much interested on this class and the second steps and how to get away from procrastinating to actually write.

nice, I use both. Good to know.

Step 1: Turn off the internet! :grinning:

1 Like

I love, love, love both Ulysses and MindNode.

However for my current draft I’m using back to using Scrivener, which gave a free upgrade to Version 3 (Mac) a few months ago.

The new version of Scrivener allows you to tag your scenes with different colors that you define. I have different colors for OS, RS, MC, IC and Drivers. Then in corkboard mode, you can switch the view to “arrange by label” which is convenient for seeing how to arrange the different scenes and still visualizing the whole.

I ended up going back to Scriv after Ulysses started the subscription model :unamused: But the composition mode in Scrivener is pretty awesome for hiding everything. I can conjure up my Dramatica element notes pretty easily.

1 Like