Can you shade or color a scene with a dramatica class

Can you use elements from a certain class to color or shade over a scene to make or amplify something in the scene that is weak?

This is what I’m experimenting with.

Use a dramatica class to shade or color over a scene:

If a scene is lacking in a certain quality for example, knowledge, you can use universe class elements to shade more knowledge into the scene.

You can use psychology to shade more desire into the scene.

You can use mind to shade more thought/feeling into a scene.

You can use physics to shade more ability or action/activity into a scene.

You can even pick the element at the bottom level of a particular that best describes the source of conflict for that class you want to color into the scene.

This is like a discovery. A new technique for me to spruce up the weak parts of my scenes of writing.

This can be done - but depends where you are in your writing process

1. If you are just writing some scenes you can use any quad at any level you want. This method works fine to write any kind of story (for me short stories, novellas, novels) and is also described in the Dramatica handbook.

2. If you have a complete storyform and you are writing your scenes for your argument I wouldn’t do it. Once you have a complete Storyform you afterwards make a decision on how to weave everything together. So mixing any other element or issue into it might obscure your message. This would also contradict the advantaged of using Dramatica as it helps you to build a (grand argument) story based on 4 distinctive perspectives.

1 Like