Challenge: Dramatica guessing game!

:sunglasses: Thanks for playing @actingpower.

Okay, maybe the clues were too vague. To make clue 3 more specific, there is a single word, which is a negative of a Conceiving, that is spoken several times in one sequence in the film. I’m sure everyone whose seen it remembers it, because it was hilarious!

I’ll admit I wasn’t able to get it from the clues, so I cheated too. Haha. But yes I’m excited to look over that one as well.

The lack of conceiving really is a good clue, I just didn’t land on quite the right phrasing to figure it out.

1 Like

My best guess would be Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Long time no see, everyone, by the way!

Nice try, but no. Good to see you again Rod!

I think you should mention that this “lack of conceiving” word is not necessarily a verb. That’s what got me stuck, to be honest.

Okay yeah, thanks Bob. I was holding off giving this other clue but this should help hopefully:

When you hear what it is, you might be like, oh, it’s ________ that I didn’t get it!

Hmm, I gave up, and now I’m trying to find it in the comprehensive analyses… but i can’t seem to figure out how to locate the latest ones…

You keep saying “clues.” I don’t think that words means what you think it means.

2 Likes

What? IN…comprehensible?

Inconceivable? Princess Bride. Haha.

1 Like

That’s hilarious Mike – even more so because I was going to log on here and write the exact same thing, even substituting the word “clue” for “word” in Inigo’s quote. Awesome.

1 Like

You got it Brian! You win!

EDIT: unless @MWollaeger 's joke was a guess, then he was the first one to get it – not sure Mike if you already knew from another source?

I already knew. I hope I didn’t blow the game for you.

No! Like I said, I was actually going to post that exact clue/joke when I opened Discuss, and saw that you’d already done it!

Well, Mike spoiled the surprise, but yes we now have an official comprehensive analysis for The Princess Bride.

My thoughts on the analysis

Direct link to The Princess Bride analysis

OK, can you spell it out? I looked over every film title of the 80’s.

@mlucas – that’s a great, very comprehensive analysis. Nice work!!

It’s almost incredible how many examples you found, and yet, the story doesn’t feel remotely thin or biased towards “just a few things” – the reverse: it feels super rich!

1 Like

Thanks Mike! That means a lot. Of course I was lucky that Goldman and Reiner made it so easy. I think I’ll start another thread to talk about the process. EDIT: here it is

Sorry for spoiling the surprise Jim @jhull! I just couldn’t wait to share I guess. :grin:

@Prish, sorry the clues were so vague … you really had to luck out and hit on the word Inconceivable to get it.

1 Like

Actually, conceivable was a good clue, but the discussion seemed to be going inconceivable only…get it…bride-conceivable? I thought of that, but was thinking only the non was supposed to fit. That goes to show you, dram covers both possibilities!

Yeah, I was only thinking of Vizzini’s famous “Inconceivable!” when I made that clue. It’s cool now that we have the storyform, we can see that the narrative structure is part of what makes that sequence so funny and memorable!