Classic Story Fanatic articles

Hey, everyone! Just thought I’d share with you something I’ve been working on the past couple days.

Like many of you, I love @jhull’s Narrative First articles, but a lot of the old ones went missing when he switched from StoryFanatic.com to NarrativeFirst.com. He’s been working on restoring them best that he can, but it’s a slow process. Thankfully, the old articles are actually still around, thanks to Web Archive! (Well, more or less. The pictures and videos don’t always load, but I’ll take what I can get.) I decided I didn’t like having to go through Web Archive every time I wanted to read an article, so I decided to convert as many as I could into Evernote documents so I could read them whenever I wanted.

Now, I can’t share the whole notebook with you (unless I have an e-mail address), but I can give you an example of what I’ve been able to do. Here are the three articles in a very interesting series @jhull did back in 2010 on the Main Character Dynamics: This one’s about the Resolve, this one’s about Growth, this one’s about Approach, and this one’s about Problem-Solving Style. If you like those, I can post more of them. I also really like this one about writing revenge with different Throughlines, Issues, and Concerns.

Hope you enjoy my late Christmas present to you all! Have a happy holidays! :smile:

EDIT: Fixed to give an example that wasn’t already archived. XD

1 Like

I’m flattered?? Sorry it’s taking me such a long time, lots of other stuff getting in the way. I guess I know which articles to put back into the vault!

No, it’s no trouble. Like I said, I understand it’s taking a bit to get them converted. It’s just that, once I’d read all the Narrative First articles, I wanted some more material. I found some really good articles via Web Archive, so I thought I’d share my discovery with the others in case they didn’t know about it. (And, no offense, but I thought that maybe you weren’t aware of Web Archive’s backup either, and then I’d be helping. :blush:)