Combining Storyforms

That is an understatement.

3 Likes

Did Mckee’s emotional state move from a positive to a negative? Good scene work.

Damn, now that’s a story I want to hear. Let me guess…he was stuck in Fixed Attitude?

Oh my! :laughing: He had an Issue of: Security. (for his paradigm and reputation no less). I’ve heard great things but never studied his theory. I had studied Truby extensively. Then K.M Weiland. She mentions DRAMATICA in her character arc book and that’s where I learned about you guys. You know what lemme start that thread.

I have to admit, when I attended McKee’s seminar back in 2002 while living in Las Vegas, I made it through the first-morning session on Friday and then I was outta there. He’s a captivating speaker, but he was literally speaking word for word from his book which (thankfully) lacked a certain tone you hear in person if you know what I mean. Even then, I would have stayed but the biggest, no-can-do issue for me was there was no way in hell my 6’4" 240lbs frame was going to squeeze into a cramped lecture hall seat for three days straight.

2 Likes

SPOILER Just adding a reference… one of my favorite novel’s is Neal Stephenson’s Snow Crash… there are two MCs: one is called Hiro Protagonist, who may or may not be a hero, and who is steadfast in his stunted emotional growth throughout the story; being exactly the same person at the end of the story… and the other MC is called YT, which stands for Yours Truly, who may or may not be a hero, but she definitely evolves emotionally in the end, though even this is subtle. I think of them as the anti-hero (or neutral hero) and as the actual hero, respectively. The story is interwoven and although the two work together in a few scenes, they are almost always apart, with the story flapping back and forth. The novel is long, about 400 pages.