Consequence of Developing a Plan

I’ve been struggling with understanding this consequence under Dramatica Pro. I had really hoped that using Story Expert would clear the meaning up for me, but I find that the contextual example for this consequence has the same text as the Forewarnings of the Present. Are they really that closely related?

From what I remember from Dramatica Pro, the consequence of developing a plan was basically enduring something, like a prisoner of war enduring torture without giving anything up before he dies.
In Story Expert, I find a gist of coping with the current state of affairs, which sounds similar to enduring, but this gist is included with story forewarnings of the present.

So, I’d appreciate some help with my stop MC having a goal of understanding and a consequence of developing a plan. Or perhaps commiseration?

The consequence is what the Antagonist prefers. Understanding as a goal may suggest a mystery. A consequence of Developing a Plan could be the result of an unresolved mystery: how will this mystery ever be solved? how should I have handled things? Did I ever have a chance of solving this mystery? It may suggest being unable of letting go of the case.

1 Like

Perhaps the plan will be faulty unless the MC understands something. Or perhaps the plan will be unnecessary. The MC understands something, so he has no need to visualize it. In other words, he removes the guesswork and thus succeeds.

Or perhaps the plan is already in place, but it’s a bad plan (involving killing whales, cutting down forests, putting #1 plastic in the #2 recycling bin, etc.) but only by understanding can it be replaced.

The second part of your post is exactly what’s going on! I can’t believe I didn’t see that myself. Talk about being too close to see clearly.
Thanks.

That repeated text is surely an error. I’ll alert the company.

MC’s don’t have Consequences. Failure to reach the Goal is a feature of the OS, and the consequence affects everybody.

1 Like

Yes, pardon my wording. The consequence belongs to the OS. However, in the theory book where MC growth direction is discussed, I remember reading that with a STOP MC, the consequence is already present and failure to reach the goal will cause the consequence to become permanent.

1 Like

Yes. That’s an example how something over here affects something over there in the storyform.

This is very helpful, thank you.