Down to one Story Form - Now I have questions for You

Okay,

First off I’m a plotter and I’m loving this software.
Secondly, I’m also a computer putz so bear with me.

I know and understand that once I’ve gotten down to one story form it’s now up to me to write my story (and not in Dramatica)

1. How do I change my main character from Be-er to Do-er? I go to click on Be-er and it won’t change.
  2. I finished all the questions and it says to click “Done” Where the heck is “Done”?
  3. Congratulations you are down to one story form - Yet I can’t see or find the story form (slippery sucker) I can compare my work in progress to. I would also like to have a peek at the list of them. Where do I go for this?

I haven’t been this excited about writing in a long time. I get how my character should be acting (Internal Conflict) and the things that are keeping them apart (External Conflict)

Thank you

Dear Tree:

From creating a “trial” storyform using Dramatica’s StoryGuide interface, I think the button you’re looking for is “OK” rather than “Done.” That’s the button I see when I get down to one storyform and that “Congratulations! You’ve answered enough questions to get down to one storyform!” message.

Second, I gather from your third point that you’re looking for citations and examples from the 64-plus storyforms that come built into the software, for 64 enduring stories and their exemplary illustrations of the Dramatica Theory in action. Am I right?

If so, then those are also in the StoryGuide interface of the Dramatica software, typically on either the right, the left, or the bottom of the StoryGuide screens. This particular part of the window is called “StoryGuide Help.”

To make sure that window is “turned on,” go click on Dramatica’s “View” menu, and make sure one of the visible options says “Hide StoryGuide Help.” If instead it says “Show StoryGuide Help,” then click on that and all the helps should appear (again, to the right, the left, or the bottom of the screen.

The illustrations from other storyforms often are at the bottom of the long list of “Helps” — which, in addition to these illustrations from “Stories,” includes topics like “Explanation,” “Theory,” “Usage,” “Help,” “Definitions,” and “Context.”

Hope that helps you find what you’re looking for (and the Be-er to Do-er change is more complex than I can deal with right now)!