Some month ago I was collecting 4-quad-models (mainly from Business Consulting).
My thinking was: If the storymind is trying to solve a problem, why not taking e.g. a problem solving model as a starting point
E.g. for a Courage Story follow the “Circle of Courage” as blueprint for the Signposts
It didn’t really work out (for me), as a story comes from within and can’t be forced into a model.
A lot of models used in consulting business are four of … something, be it steps, stages or steps within a circle
Here a few examples:
- Belonging, Maturity, Independence, Generosity (Circle of Courage)
- Four Levels of Communication (von Thun, used in Communication)
- State the Problem, Understand the Situation, Root the Cause, Fix it (Used for Problem Solving)
- Influential, People Focus, Reflective, Task Focus (Disc Personality Test)
- Explore the Vision, Explore Ideas, Formulate Solutions, Formulate a Plan (Used for Creative Problem Solving)
- Plan Do Check Act (used in Engineering)
- Setup, Design, Realisation, Finalise (used in Project Management)