Dramatica OS, MC, IC & RS Issue sliders

Just noticed something in the Story Guide page of the Dramatica Story Expert software. For the OS & RS, there are sliders for GOOD NEUTRAL BAD, but the MC and IC Issues don’t have them. Is there a reason, based on the Dramatica theory for that, or is it just an omission?

RS…

MC…

enter link description here][1]

1 Like

Jerome, I think this is because the Overall Story is where the “big” Problem is, the Relationship Story is where the “almost-as-big” Problem is, and audiences tend to want to know “what and who solved these Problems, and which approach made the difference?”

So the Story Guide sliders for the OS and RS are just there to help you predetermine (if you want to) how you, on an incremental scale, want the audience to feel about the focused-on Issues… which is not necessarily what your MC and IC feel on these Issues, because either or both of them could be at quite an extreme.

However, the balance of efforts and outcome presented in your story, especially in the OS and RS throughlines, may still leave your audience feeling only moderately biased on these issues, even while the MC and IC felt more strongly (perhaps to no significant advantage).

Does that make sense to ya?

I don’t think that’s correct. Please view the following: http://storymind.com/page341.htm

All four throughlines have their ups and downs. The first three signposts of the four throughlines illustrate the issues while the first three journeys the counter points and the concluding signposts of Act 4 sum up the score by showing audiences how each throughline ends. This, according to the theory, is what gives the story beats their purpose (as far as I can tell).

To be honest, I never use the sliders. I’m just curious if there’s a reason behind them not being there for the MC and IC.