Dramatica Writers Workshop

We held our first ever Dramatica Writers Workshop this past weekend at the Write Bros. offices. It was so well received by those who participated that we’ve decided to do another one in November. If you’re interested please head on over to our course description page (Narrative First – Dramatica Writers Workshop – Information). We only have FOUR spots available for these hands-on events.

I also took some time to write about my thoughts on the Dramatica Writers Workshop – what worked and what I hope to improve.

1 Like

Would it be possible to record the next one, so that people who aren’t able to participate can learn from the workshop?

From the course description page:

Recording and Online Availability
This Workshop will not be recorded, broadcast online or available for streaming. We are open to traveling to your hometown, contingent on the number of writers/producers interested. Please contact us to arrange an event outside of Burbank, CA.

Ah. Too bad. Sounds like it would be useful to at least watch.

I’ll second what John said.

I remember flying to Burbank for a weekend workshop in the 90’s, when there were free extra-mile airline tickets in my life. Way back then, the cost of the workshop was alot, and it was well worth it. I, even, dragged the tv-watching/non-writing husband along and was so embarrassed that he grasped most things, while I was struggling. Bottom line: I was over-thinking and he was accepting. (That, I am still working to figure out.) Looks like it is time to do volunteer work at the local production companies’ association and start networking to get the workshop to come to Oregon.

I did that but never got any kind of acknowledgement. …don’t know if I was supposed to.