Experiment: changing the limit

I’m writing a series, and was having a problem with my story (this particular book, not my overall story) matching my Dramatica results. So I decided to re-do my story engine without looking at what I’d decided before, and came up almost with the same thing!

Except I had used timelock earlier (can she do it in time?). So I decided to change to optionlock and see where the Dramatica results differed.

What I found was that nothing changed except the audience Reach (from male to both) and strangely enough, the Overall Story Type Order was completely different! I was astonished at how much one change could change this element.

As it turned out, this new Type Order was what matched my story, so yay! But I thought others might be interested in this.

Now I have to figure out how to change my blurb to fit, but that’s a problem for later. :slight_smile:

Type Order = Signposts?

“Time races on, but she takes her time and solves the mystery!”

Yes, the Signposts and Journeys. On mine it calls that section the Overall Story Type Order.

That’s… curious. I would have sworn I’ve done experiments that prove the Limit doesn’t affect Signpost order. By any chance, could you share the storyforms and the two alternate Signpost orders?

Ugh. I guess I copied the wrong storyform the first time. :frowning:

Sorry. You can delete this thread. :disappointed: