Exploring Motivations, methodologies, evaluations and purposes for the MC, IC and RS throughlines

@jhull is it possible for one to explore motivations, methodologies, evaluations, and purposes in the MC, IC and RS throughlines?

I find it compelling to do so.

Hi @samuelogeda, we covered it briefly in a Subtext video in the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

@whitepaws could you please help me with a simple answer? I’m not able to afford a subtext subscription at the moment.

In my opinion you can have character interactions in the MC IC and RS throughlines.

The MC throughline focuses on one character but can feature other characters. Same applies for the IC and RS throughline.

This is Dramatica, which means rarely is there a simple answer, lol! That’s something I had to come to terms with too.

As for the info you seek…I’d actually have to review the information myself before I could pass it along. Unfortunately, I don’t have time right now for that. Maybe in the next week or two after I meet a deadline I’m working to.

Good luck!

1 Like

@whitepaws I’ll wait for your answer.

Dramatica answers may not be simple but they are objective in my opinions.

Sounds like you are holding me to ransom!

1 Like

I’m not. Forgive me if my reply sounded that way. @whitepaws

1 Like

Simple answer – Yes.

2 Likes

@chuntley thanks for your response. Can one explore 64 character interactions (purposes, motivations, methodologies, evaluations) in each signpost on the high end?

For example: I can leave an OS concern of learning and assign character elements.

Then I can explore purposes, motivations, methodologies, evaluations in terms of learning.

Then I can explore purposes, motivations, methodologies, evaluations in terms of doing.

Then I can explore purposes, motivations, methodologies, evaluations in terms of obtaining.

Then I can explore purposes, motivations, methodologies, evaluations in terms of understanding.

I believe it’s legal to do so though it can make the story feel crowded and suffocated.