Figuring out film characters

In the Colombian film, The Wind Journeys (Spanish: Los viajes del viento), the wind seems to be a character, even having its own language. While watching the film, the wind’s dialogue seems to be the natural sounds in 1968 northern Colombia. Also, the wind carries music and people sounds. I saw this film having the wind as the contagonist. Seeing it as the contagonist gives the wind great depth. It contributes to the story, yet it has its own agenda. When I watched the movie, the wind as contagonist character, having its own agenda, seemed clear to me. I have to think about how it hindered or tempted, to decide if it is a complex or archtype character. Maybe, it isn’t the contagonist, but another archtype character. I’m open. It was fascinating to watch a film where the wind was developed as a character.

I cannot figure out, at this time, who the MC/IC were, Ignacio Carrillo (Marciano Martínez) is the vallenato singer and Fermín Morales (Yull Núñez), a young man who wants to be a musician. I’d say the young man because we are with him in more scenes and at the end. Could there be a MC trade off?

No la he visto, entonces no te puedo ayudar. Aunque, permítame decir que el viento puede representar unas características sin ser un personaje.

Thank you for a very interesting concept, having characteristics in a story, but not being a character.