Flipping the Narrative

I have a hypothesis. If a story form can be flipped so that John, the IC, becomes the John, the MC, and the MC becomes an IC, then we might gain deeper insight into John.
Per Dramatica, this is not required since the IC serves only to look at the MC, but it might help the author to look at the looker (if you know what I mean) even if that deeper insight never makes it into the story. It might help the story weaving and story illustration stages.

I’ve been digging into how the story form is created so that I might better understand how to flip the story form. But, there might be an easier way, maybe the hard work has already been done? Do any of you know of any work done on flipping the narrative?

Would that be two story-forms? Is that what they do in romance novels?

It would be two story forms. It could be done in a romance novel, though I suspect that the Dramatica story form of one MC (possibly with trade-offs) and one IC (possibly with trade-offs) would work better. One place else you might see ir is in mentor movies (like Karate Kid, though I don’t think it happens in Karate Kid) where the mentor and student learn from each other.

But, what I’m talking about is just a way for the writer to understand the IC at a deeper level. It might never be instantiated in the story actually written.

They’ve done this a bunch of times in real-world scenarios. It’s actually quite illuminating to see conflict from the other side.