Fun with Dramatica - Control

I swear my favourite thing with Dramatica is when things pop that you didn’t expect but they fit your storyform in interesting or even sometimes amusing ways.

The latest one for me is the IC Focus of Control. I mean, from the point when I first had this storyform I had that as Becca (IC) disliking rules, trying to avoid being locked up (quarantined), etc… And all this worked really well especially with the Direction of Uncontrolled (loose canon, rule-breaker, uninhibited, kind of a potty mouth, etc.)

But now something’s come up that I didn’t plan, and it’s hilarious because of how it fits the Control element so perfectly… Becca has just found out that she was part of some experiment as a baby, like genetic research but worse … She was supposed to be the experimental control (the one not given the treatments) but now she finds out that’s not true…

2 Likes

Does Becca somehow hate people that aren’t normal? If so, that’s sweet irony. Lol.

Well, it is already ironic…

Lol. Does it come across like she’s biased against anyone who’s different? (I only wrote this part today, so it’s hard to tell until I re-read it with a bit of space.) No, she’s just afraid, because deep down she already suspects there’s something different about her. The truth is she’s not entirely human.

I should have included the last part: