Has any member of the community had writing sucess?

I have writers dreamkit, and i use then DramPro demo to help me better
understand. But I have no laptop at the moment, not can afford a
replacement. I’m using a small Tab for this. Can’t use DramPro software on
my tab.

1 Like

When I called customer service they recommended I use dreamkit since I didn’t know anything. So, I bought it…but it didn’t have my warm fuzzy beautiful quad picture…haha. Customer services told me I would get to the same place, but it didn’t have all the bells and whistles. I just stuck with the original agony. But feel free to ask questions about your Dreamkit struggles. The same story forming takes place. Check out for a used Dramatica 4 on eBay and make a lower offer. I love 4. In fact v.1.6 is great!

1 Like

dramatica.com/questions/what-movies-or-books-have-been-made-with-dramatica1

In one form or another this question seems to come up fairly often. You can search for other threads. The most recent one got a little contentious so I won’t point you to it, but you can find it with a search if you’re interested.

They’re probably tired of being called out for this question, but Sebastien de Castell and Patty Loofbourrow are both Dramatica users and active members of this board. I understand that the other DSEs do some pretty high level consulting and Jim has been involved in writing television series. Of course Armando (who wrote Dramatica for Screenwriters) has been doing script work for decades.

I’m hoping to finish my first Dramatica-assisted book pretty soon and sell a ton of copies so I can be on this list too. :slight_smile: (My first book was written before I’d heard of Dramatica and did not sell a ton of copies lol).

https://vancouversun.com/entertainment/books/the-time-george-r-r-martin-called-vancouver-writer-sebastien-de-castell-a-loser

4 Likes

I discovered dramatica in the last quarter of 2016. Then discovered narrative first in December 2016. Narrative First supercharged my understanding of Dramatica. I now help students in my country Uganda get into dramatica. So I have about a year and a few months experience with dramatica only.

Here’s a short story I wrote recently with dramatica.

I had I think Melanie Anne Philips says that the convention in Hollywood is not to mention that you used structure.

A lot of accomplished writers don’t like to share the frameworks they used in their work.

My bias is that everyone uses some kind of framework to create a work of art even if they don’t mention it.

I can be sharing with you the dramatica structured stories my students post online whenever they are ready for sharing.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone. It’s amazing! I throw out a request and your avatars pop-up like Jimeny Crickets. Its so reassuring for a loner like myself. Thanx all. “When you wish upon a star!”

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

Enjoy these diagrams.

I imagine a writer uses all kinds of tools, just like artists, and usually just wants to be known for the work.

1 Like

Also … they don’t like to give awAy any nuggets when it comes to secrets of the trade.

I had an art teacher in the 90’s tell the class that every single person has their own unique style. She felt no one can draw/paint in another’s style. She was emphatic that she never could. From my psych major, I imagine it has something to do with our unique brains. That’s why handwriting is so unique, etc. It might just be a case of “why bother”. Everyone has to do the work to find their own, unique nuggets tucked away in their brains and life histories.

1 Like

I don’t mean personal nuggets a writer has stored for themselves, I mean certain practices and techniques, all use, but only those in the “club” are privey too. Stuff they won’t share in the “How to write a novel” self-help, guru crap. The stuff that maintains the magic and mystery that makes some think and exclaim “How do they do it?” .

I’m sure your right about the handwriting, how else could signatures be validated. But I can easily tell a left handed writer by the way the print sits the page. They always have the same appearance as one of my brothers, who himself is left handed.

Hmmm…the club thing might just be a myth…never heard or thought of it, anytime anyplace.

The “club” are those working in a business, who choose not to help others trying to get their foot in the door.

This does not apply to Dramatica and it’s community because Dramatica and it’s community is the antithesis of HINDRANCE.

1 Like

I did a drama major in acting track, and I go on auditions to major shows and prints, even. I’ve accepted I will have to produce (and fund raise) my own series or film if I want to ‘make it’. I accept it’s the way of the world.

THAT’S IT! Dramatica reveals so many ‘secrets of the trade’ when it comes to writing, strucutre, sequence s, genre and more, unlike any other writing theory offered in whatever format. Dramatica has empowered those who have no background in writing or the study of it.

2 Likes

LOL

@everyone I don’t consider authors to have (or be) competition. No one writes exactly like you, and avid readers want to read lots of books! :wink:

2 Likes

OH Prish, please don’t think of me as bitter. I am not. Of course, in any field it’s about hard work and the struggle to get accepted. In a writers case, even just to get read. I accept that. That’s not my problem. Pick any self-help writing book as far back as you wish, and you will learn that only a handful, achieve what they promise in their title - to help the novice through enlightenment, by offering them gems of knowledge that will past a life time. Two such books K have read again and again are Dorothea Brande’s uplifting ‘Becoming a Writer’ and Brenda Ueland’s dreamy and poetic ‘If You Want To Write’. See pix, please…Emm.

1 Like

Thank you for the pictures and recommendations. The master plan is to get them and tell the husband the writer from Liverpool recommended them, then leave them lying around…haha. Cheers!

1 Like

I think it comes down to innate ability. Many ballers have trained with LeBron, lived with LeBron but LeBron still has an edge of them.

All the secrets in the world won’t help you you don’t put in the work.