Has anyone analyzed Once Upon a Time in America?

Once Upon a Time in America is a great movie!
I searched Discussions, but I didn’t find the result. How are the four throughlines of the film differentiated?
Thanks…

Which film, the chopped up one most people saw or the director’s cut from Europe?

I’m talking about this movie : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087843/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

:relaxed::relaxed:

This is the director’s cut. The one released at the box office was an hour shorter due to major whacking by the distributors. No wonder it was a box office flop, right? I am not sure which one I saw on TV. The one you saw was almost 4 hours, right? This says 3h and 49 minutes, just 11 minutes shy of 4 hours. I don’t think I saw something that long. I read that the released scenes were rearranged into chronological order, also, not in the original order. But that might not matter in figuring out a storyform, though.

1 Like

Thanks @Prish
I didn’t think about the different versions before. I now truly understand the meaning of your inquiry .
I agree with you when you say: [quote=“Prish, post:4, topic:2051”]
But that might not matter in figuring out a storyform, though.
[/quote]

Maybe, we do not have some information because what we saw was an hour and a half shorter? OS = Universe/Situation, RS = Physics, MC = Mind, IC = Psychology