Help with MC and IC issues

I have several things I’d like to get someone else’s perspective on regarding MC issues and maybe some IC stuff as well. I’m playing with an OS idea I like, but feeling a bit lost in searching for MC problems. I wasn’t going to post but thought it might help me and maybe someone else to see it worked through too.

So I’m trying to figure out my MCs personal baggage and looking for help where to put it and how to influence it. I’ve been thinking of her as being stuck internally. The idea is she’s a middle child and she isn’t the “smart” one or the “athletic” one and doesn’t feel like anyone notices her. The parts about being a middle child and not being noticed by others start to feel a bit like an external situation, but as the author I feel like she would have this same attitude even if not a middle child. She would just attribute her issues to something else.

Her story will see her watching as her siblings try to solve a problem only to fail. Then she will need to step forward and find a way to do it. The idea is that she’ll basically be the “artistic” one and solving her problem will come from her using her imagination, writing her own story rather than being boxed into a certain role by others. But again, I’m seeing her as really placing herself in this role rather than others doing that and it’s the “writing her own story” part that I would like to come through in the storytelling, probably on a thematic level.

Im still a little muddy at this point and not sure I’m really fitting everything into the right boxes. Explained as is, is this coming through as a Mind/Fixed Attitude problem? Or is it more of a Psychology problem? Is there more info needed?

I’ll leave it there for now to see what happens before asking the rest of it.