How the IC impacts

Ok, so I have a scene written from the Anatgonist’s POV in which she is reviewing info about the IC. After reviewing the IC’s life history file, she dismisses him as being a low level nuisance to her evil plans and puts his file away.

When I wrote this scene, it wasn’t with the storyform by my side.

Later on, as I was reviewing the scenes, I took out the storyform and started mapping my scenes to the storyform. At first, I was like, hold on. This scene is from the antagonist’s perspective so strictly it should be coming from the OS throughline. It threw me off.

But then I realized that the IC is having an impact on the Antagonist OS character by her viewing him in a particular way (later on, the antagonist finds out that this IC character doctored his life history files to make him appear like a nobody).

Now, I see that this scene fulfills the IC throughline that explores Sense of Self in terms of Memory.

WOW -that’s so weird and incredible.

Who knew the IC could be so flexible in the way the IC impacts!

5 Likes

PS. Just wanted to add, regarding the mapping-out of scenes: Dramatica (+Subtext!!!) helped me fill in gaps that I felt were in the story, but wasn’t sure what they were. They are such effective and efficient tools!

3 Likes