Just finished my first Instant Dramatica StoryGuide

This post is deleted.

No … the signposts are specifically at the Type level; there are 16 Types. Each throughline’s Signposts will be some order of the Types that belong to the Throughline’s Class. (e.g. The Past, The Present, The Future, Progress if the throughline’s Domain is Situation)

You might be thinking of how every quad represents Knowledge, Thought, Ability and Desire in some context.

Or you might have heard that once you get BELOW the level of Elements, at the scene level, the model maps back to its top level. To quote the narrative first article:

This is the point at which the model spirals back onto itself. When classifying the Events at the Scene level—at the point where the Dramatica model loops back onto itself—Authors look to the Classes of Fixed Attitudes, Situations, Activities, and Manners of Thinking (or Mentalities). In this way, the very smallest accounts for the very largest.

Worrying about scene stuff with Dramatica though is probably not useful for you at this point though; it’s still kind of theoretical.

1 Like

When I first used Dramatica, I worked the day and through most of the night, getting about one-fourth the way in a storyform. I had picked Plotting. The next day, for the heck of it, I started another using the Character option. That, I nailed in 2 hours. The lesson I learned was Character was the way for ME to go. Also, it taught great respect for characters in all storytelling, throughout history and today.

1 Like