Most Complete Example Story

Which of the 66 example stories that come with Dramatica is the most complete? I have looked at a half-dozen or so and they all seem to vary in completeness. In some there is nothing for description and activity of the characters. I looking for one story that has been fully fleshed out.

Can I ask what the purpose would be? The Author would have had to have used Dramatica and had the intention of completely encoding every single story point into their narrative for you to find a story example that was completely fleshed out.

Most, if not all, were going off their Author’s intuition, or instinct, and therefore likely missed a handful of story points.

I was asking which one of 66 example stories that come with Dramatica is the most fleshed out. I was not asking to see an author’s work. Sorry for the confusion.

Are you looking for fully fleshed out Storyforms as opposed to fully fleshed out stories? If so, the Dramatica Comprehensive Analysis page has several that seem pretty thoroughly filled out.

For learning purposes I like the following a lot which I am using often as reference. It works better if you have seen the movies as well or read the screenplay/novel

Rear Window (my fav)
A Clockwork Orange (my fav)
The Silence of the Lambs (my fav)
Sideways (my fav in combination with the screenplay)
The Fugitive
The Godfather
Lord of the Flies
Othello

The two short stories from Stephen King I have read with the printed analysis aside. Very good learning exercise
The Shawshank Redemption
Apt Pupil

For The Silence of the Lambs there is also a very detailed analysis from Shawn Coyne (storygrid.com) which connects very well together with the dramatica analysis.

1 Like

The storyform represents Author’s Intent–or at the very least, the analysts interpretation of Author’s Intent. It’s highly unlikely that you’ll find a story that fulfills all of Dramatica’s story points.