Multiple gists per story point?

Is there any reason I should limit myself to 1 gist per story point? For instance, when picking a gist for my symptom is there any reason I should stick to using just Gist 1 for all four throughline? Since all the gists for one point should illustrate that point, I should be able to pick four different gists and use a different gist for each act, right?

To my understanding the gists are just there to make the “cold” or “analytical” terms that Dramatica supplies feel a bit more welcoming/inspiring to the writer, so there’s no technical reason to limit yourself to just one. Your choice of gists doesn’t have any impact on the storyform as a whole (as far as I’m aware,) so I think you’re good to go!

The only real reason to limit yourself might be to force yourself to clarify mentally what certain story points actually are from the objective point of view. In other words, so long as you don’t use picking multiple gists for a single story point as a way to shoehorn, lets say, two different catalysts into the impact character throughline (or whatever the case may be), then yeah, you should be fine.

No way! I would use as many Gists as you need to create your story…if it amplifies your creativity by all means use it.

They’re ORd together in the Story Engine…so the intention is just to hang gists off the Story Point, and you can create a bunch. Okay, that works for me…but I haven’t really been thinking of it that way. There really is a learning curve for this stuff eh?