Novelist trying to decide whether to purchase the software or not

When reading your post, it felt it was very well rounded, gotta say. Hard to describe…but I felt the whole argument covered all bases. The base that struck me strongest was the objectivity aspect you mentioned, but perhaps for a different reader it would be a different aspect of your argument. Or, maybe it’s the completeness that gives this fullness effect.

Is that what a reader feels like after reading a work structured using D? Seriously impressed. Cool that you used the D principles to demonstrate its power.

Hunter:

I’m curious in the process you used to write this post using Dramatica principles? Did you find a quad that felt like the themes you were looking to express? Then wrote a paragraph responding to them in the context of the subject matter? As I’m write this I see it being a valid process–not sure if it what the one you used–and I’m beginning to realize this distinction between objectivity and subjectivity which has been a bit confusing to me in Dramatica. Perhaps its dawning on me little by little.

Actually, yes. While writing that post, I knew I wanted to share my experience, and after I wrote a couple of the events as paragraphs, I realized that they would fit nicely into a quad. I also liked how meta it would be to use Dramatica in this context. With that in mind, I chose the quad that I felt fit best, and filled in the other two paragraphs using it, keeping in mind how each item represents one of KTAD. Funny thing is, though, now I don’t actually remember which one I chose.