On Temptation and the Contagonist

EDIT: Nevermind. Post withdrawn.

Isn’t that Accurate vs. Non-Accurate? IIRC, didn’t Jim’s analysis of “The Dark Horse” use Non-Accurate for MC’s mental illness since it lead to behavior that was considered socially unacceptable?

Maybe Acceptance vs. Non-Acceptance would have a similar use.

I thought Conscience vs Temptation was about instant gratification vs consequences and not necessarily morals. My problem with the pair was when considering a problem for a character with OCD obsessions with things that might cause others harm however unlikely. Giving into such fears gives quick relief, but it’s only a fix that makes the OCD worse. So, this would be a Temptation to act on Conscience (say, abstaining from taking a flight due to fear of falling out of the sky) I guess. But acting on Conscience could also mean realizing that giving into the Temptation to “save” people from some unlikely threat reinforces the OCD, so one must withstand the temptation to get that quick fix of relief in order to avoid a long-term consequence of making the disorder worse. In that case, Temptation would be bad for the character and Conscience good. I ended up shifting to Avoid vs. Pursuit, but I thought it was in interesting chicken-or-egg sort of thing.

…Shoot, dangit, you’re right. Although Accurate/Non-accurate on the Sidekick/Skeptic axis, but… yeah.