It would seem as though you fixed this, but I had a similar problem with Writer's Dreamkit. I can't say why it was happening (bear in mind, the same problem didn't exist with my Dramatica Pro software), but I fixed it by installing the program on my D: drive.
In retrospect, I can see why admin privileges might solve the problem when dealing with that particular default installation directory. So it makes sense.
I'd swear that my first instinct probably would have been uninstalling and reinstalling with admin privileges. And for some reason, perhaps that didn't work so I moved my installation directory away from the default. All peachy now.
I'd meant to respond to this a while back, but I forgot.