Removing Gists Collections from default mode

Hey guys is there a way to remove gists from being “default” and loading when the program loads? I added some of the gist collections (from Jim) and I think I set them as default so now dramatica takes like 10 minutes (no, I"m not kidding or exaggerating) to load. And it also tends to crash because there’s so much loaded into memory. My frustration factor is through the roof. HELP! I’ve tried closing the collections but that doesn’t seem to be helping either.

TIA,
D.

Have you called Write Bros Dramatica tech support?..they’ve always been the best.

Hey there. Yes, this is a problem with Dramatica and the way it reads Gists, there really isn’t anything you can do about it except:

a) wait the 10-15 minutes for it to load.
b) unload (uncheck) the Narrative First Gist Collections
c) switch back to the default ones

I try to never close out Dramatica until I have unchecked the NF Gists…otherwise I have to sit through that 10 minute run as well.

Support was a great help. I went in and deleted the Pref. file. I’m much happier now.

@jhull Yeah, I’m working around it by loading only the ones I need for a session but not actually having them as default, so they never “load” when I launch the program.

I still love that you did all of those btw.

1 Like

I remember in the 90’s being blown away by the dram customer support. Real people giving real responses…haha.

If you CAN open Dramatica Story Expert, go to Gist>Gist Manager, click on one of the large gist collections and press the Close Collection button. Do that for as many as you can to get it down to a reasonable number (20K or less gists).

If you cannot open Dramatica Story Expert, go to the Finder, select Go>Go to Folder and go to ~/Library/Preferences/Dramatica Story Expert 5 Prefs

Delete the Dramatica Story Expert 5 Prefs file.

Try to open Dramatica. If it STILL doesn’t open, you’ll want to move or rename your large gist files so they are different and won’t be recognized.

1 Like