Rogue One: "Save the rebellion. Save the dream!"

Whenever I hear this line in the trailer, all I can think is, “Solve the main character story problem. Solve the overall story problem!” Or something to that effect. This is what Dramatica has done to me.

1 Like

I mean, it’s probably more related to theme. Since we also know from the trailer that rebellions are built on hope (all I hear there is ‘rebellion is the story gist for hope’), then what he’s really saying is ‘Save hope. It leads to dreams!’

It reminds me of the ‘Save the cheerleader, save the world’ line from Heroes, which I never watched. But my understanding is that version of the line probably does work better as a “solve the MC problem, solve the OS problem” type of declaration.

Sooo…if the line is related to theme, I guess what I should be hearing is, “Save the issue. Save the thematically diametrically opposing issue!” Quite a mouthful.

Anyway, thanks for the story form spoiler Rogue One! At least I don’t know whether an action leads to the decision to rebel or if a decision leads to the act of rebellion yet.

Hah! That’s great, and a great find as well. If you don’t listen to my Narrative First podcast, you might want to–I do a killer Forest Whitaker impersonation right in the beginning :grin:

@jhull, I do listen to the pod cast. I’m pretty fond of your Meryl Streep impersonation! And I appreciate the work you do with Narrativefirst to make Dramatica accessible.

Oh shoot - lol, at first I was thinking - I’ve never done a Meryl Streep, and then I remembered. Glad you like it! More to come…