Searching for a Narrative First Article

In the podcast “Supercharging the Conflict in Your Story,” @jhull gave two examples of properly encoding/illustrating the main character throughline and said that he would give examples of properly encoding the other throughlines in an article he would post that week. I’ve been searching the archives for the past couple of days and I still can’t find said article. Does anyone know where I can find it and what it’s called?

Scroll to the bottom, there are a couple of posts that are dated slightly after the podcast date related to throughlines:
https://narrativefirst.com/blog?page=11

Several of the posts around the time the podcast was posted (July 13, 2016) do mention throughlines, but they regard analyzing throughlines of films such as “Kramer vs Kramer” and “Hunt for the Wilderpeople.” Jim said that the article he was going to post that week would expand on encoding the three things needed to fully encode a story point by putting it in the context of throughlines outside of the main character throughline, including the throughline the point was contained in, the appreciation, and the structual item itself. None of the articles or blog posts on the page seem to fulfill that requirement. He says this at about 36:05 in the podcast.

I have yet to write that article. Sometimes I say I’m
going to do something, then end up getting caught up in other things. But after the events of the last week, it looks like it might be a good time to write this article.

Thanks for the reminder!

3 Likes

Happy to help! I can’t wait to read it! :smiley: