Short Story Quad Prompt #1

This one seemed quite apropos.

Cause, Effect, Test, Trust
You may use them in any order you wish.

When you post your story start your own thread under the Workshop Category
Title it something like
Short Story Prompt #1 - TITLE
That way we can each get feedback without it being in a huge thread.

Word limit 1500.

Below your story please include a list of the Dramatica story point choices you made before beginning to write.

You have until next Friday 4/20 (make of that what you will) to get your story posted. And then we’ll take until the end of the month to give feedback. If we all like it, we’ll do another one on May 1st.

I ask that you give feedback on as many other stories as you receive from other participants. This should be a very quid pro quo kind of a thing. If you are NOT submitting a story, please feel free to comment anyway, or ask questions or whatever. This is for everyone to learn from.

That’s all I can think of for now. If I think of more I’ll edit this and bump it to the top.

Have fun with this.

7 Likes

Thanks so much for spearheading this, Diane! I bet we’ll all learn things we don’t expect.

It’s a 1500 word limit, right?

Yup. Dang, I forgot to put that in there…I’ll go up and add it. Silly me.

OK.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I really like this initiative and I’m keen to support it, at the very least, by sending positive vibes.

I have written a piece, but it’s not finished, is too long, and has profanities… So I don’t see me getting it sorted before the end of today.

I intend to read and feedback on the work of others regardless, since I’d like to see these continue.

Thanks for taking the initiative, and as a chap we all know once said; “Build it, they will come.” I expect this will gather momentum over time when people crowbar it into their writing schedules!

1 Like

If you don’t get it done by the end of today or heck even by the end of the weekend, post it anyway. The time constraint was meant to give people a goal to shoot for, not a straight jacket to bind them up. I’m glad we pried you out of the woodwork. Welcome to the floor show!

I finished mine but it kind of took on a life of its own and turned out way over the word limit. I’m going to spend some time paring it down… I’ll post today and then get to the business of reading everyone else’s!

1 Like

I ignored word limit, but am extremely unhappy with what I came up with. I’ll lrobably post it later anyway.

Please do. None of these are going to be perfect, or even publishable (is my guess), BUT they’re supposed to be a learning tool.

1 Like

And an exercise in bravery. Kudos, guys.

1 Like

The story itself isn’t good, but that’s not my concern. I don’t feel like i did a good job of encoding the given elements into the tale. But i’ll get around to posting it soon.

1 Like