The Babadook -- Dramatica Users Group Analysis

The event page for next month’s Dramatica analysis of The Babadook is now up. If you’re not on the invite list and want to participate, please let me know here. Thanks!

I’d love to sit in on this, if I could.

Can you private message me your email address and I will add you.

For everyone else don’t forget this us tonight at 7pm pdt

Great time was had by all, and it was particularly wonderful seeing some new faces. I have posted the video analysis of The Babadook to the main Dramatica site. If you missed it, feel free to watch. It actually had a very solid storyform (probably the reason it scored 98% on Rotten Tomatoes). Enjoy!

Watched it this morning and thought it went along fairly well with what I had in my head from watching it a year ago. I was hoping to participate last night, but alas it didn’t work out. Who knows, if I get my ducks in a row I might just be back west next year.

I could be mistaken but I don’t think we ever got back around to Character Growth last night. As the MC and OS are in a horizontal relationship, it’s a STOP story. What is it that Amelia must stop?

She needs to stop suppressing her grief. By acknowledging it, she’s able to move on (the whole story, as I saw it, was an allegory which I wrote about here: https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com/2014/11/05/560/).

2 Likes