The Domains of a Guy Stuck in a Well

Going back to an earlier part of the discussion for just a moment, would Dramatica even allow two perspectives to show up independent of each other in the same domain?

If I’m looking at a problem as a Situation by myself, could You come along and start looking at it as a Situation too, could a single storyform, however broken, express that? Or would I plus You automatically equal We?

Thanks for contributing, Bob. Cogent and clear as always, and well reminding us that in Dramatica theory, “completeness” in a story includes not only four domains linked to four throughlines, but also non-“shallow storyforms” that do “go deeper” than the concerns level.

I think it’s more likely this would be the Overall Story perspective being expressed. It reminds me of ensemble films or romantic comedies where everyone has different instances of the same Concern. I think there are some OS Universe films like this – Bridget Jones’s Diary maybe?

1 Like

Sorry for bringing up an old topic to discuss a technicality, but I don’t recall this being mentioned as a possibility to the original question (how being stuck in a well might not be in Situation) and it occurs to me that the word “stuck” has multiple meanings. It could refer to the guys situation of being unable to escape from a well, or perhaps to the physical act of being placed into a well. I suppose if you use “stuck” as a verb, then an MCs source of inequity could come from being physically placed into a well.

1 Like