Trouble Running Dramatica

I have a new laptop and operating system, so I couldn’t really help a lot of things changing at the same time.

Has anyone else gotten Dramatica Story Expert running…

• under High Sierra
  • on a 2017 MacBook Pro?

The issue is that activating the PaceAp software required to run Dramatica hangs the computer.
Completely.
And I mean restore-from-backup completely, because it won’t boot otherwise.

And I’ not sure which would be worse, if I am the only one having that problem, or if I’m not.

Here is a link with directions on getting Dramatica Story Expert to run on High Sierra:

NOTE: We expect to have a free update for those that have Dramatica Story Expert that will make Dramatica Story Expert perform better on High Sierra. If you have your check for update preference on, you will be notified when the update is available.

2 Likes

Nope, sorry. Also, let me get this straight…

I’d posted about how following those instructions crashed my computer so hard I couldn’t start it again, and had to restore from backup. I’d even mentioned specifically activating the PaceAp software, so it should have been clear I followed those instructions.

And your response is to post another link to those same instructions?

Hi Territan,

High Sierra introduced Apple’s new file management system, which manages the hard drive in a different and more efficient manner. There is nothing (to our knowledge) in Dramatica Story Expert that would cause your computer to crash and be unrecoverable. My guess is that something else is going on.

We have had one or two other users unable to get Dramatica Story Expert up and running on High Sierra, which is why we will be releasing a new version with a completely different license management system. I will post a follow-up message here with a link to directions on how to get the free update once we have released the free update for all Dramatica Story Expert users.