Video of the Doubt Dramatica Users Group Analysis Now Online

And in a 1-2-3 punch, we now present the third installment of DUG videos, the official Dramatica analysis of Doubt led by yours truly.

I’ll have a lot to say about in the next week or so–especially since I somehow managed to completely skip over the Issue, a key part in this story all things considered.

I did a lot of work editing at the end so it bounces back and forth between the room and the screen. I think it keeps the viewer engaged in the process.

The storyform and podcast will be up within days.

1 Like

And, of course, for some reason I completely forgot to address the Overall Story Issues which wasn’t Doubt…so I went ahead and made a short video today to explain why.

Enjoy Identifying the Overall Story Issue of Doubt

Very cool Jim! And educational!

I was thinking it would be neat to come up with a list of films or stories where a certain story point was very obvious from the title or dialogue. For example (using OS Concerns): A Simple Plan and Flightplan for Conceptualizing (Developing a Plan), Being John Malkovich for Being, maybe The Princess Bride for Conceiving.

But based on your video, it seems like it would be even more educational to make a list where the obvious story point is not directly part of the storyform!