What does it mean to be a strong (Holistic) female character?

Okay, in that case, I completely misjudged you and your contributions to this board, and immediately take back all support of your pursuit. :joy:

I think youā€™re absolutely onto something. Generally, if you think thereā€™s something there, you should keep going.

My challenge with Dramatica has always been with the actual science-y theory stuff behind it. I just find it hard to wrap my head around a lot of it. If Jim hadnā€™t started Narrative First, thereā€™s a high likelihood I would have abandoned the theory long ago. So, yes, I say: keep going and I do not support anything you do from this point on. :wink:

3 Likes

The only movie on the Holistic filter list with a female MC Iā€™ve seen is Chicago, and while I love the movie, I wouldnā€™t consider Roxy Hart a particularly strong woman.

But isnā€™t the point of a holistic character to show the warts and all the stages of decisions and choices? The linear shows the great lines of a finished drawing, while the holistic shows everything in the characterā€™s adobe desktop folder that went into developing a characterā€™s form. (seeing through my 2D Animation classā€¦haha)