Where is the more detailed Dramatica Vocabulary?

Ask for help: Most of the explanations given in the Dramatica glossary are somewhat simple,many have no examples, so they are not easy to understand. Is there a more detailed glossary of terms?

Would the Dramatica Dictionary fit the bill? Check the theory section of the main website for it.

Google works really well to find stuff too. I usually just type “dramatica dictionary accurate” or even just “dramatica accurate” into my browser search bar.

It sounds like the user agrees with me about the need for a more comprehensive dictionary :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot. @actingpower @mlucas @SeanLester :slight_smile:

I found a solution: under the web navigation menu “Analysis -> Filter”, when you select a specific option(the vocabulary you want to know), you can find the corresponding movie case.

Make the most graphic interpretation of the term. For example , the Influence Character selects Concern, and the Value selects Conscious, click Search button to get the film Lawrence of Arabia. Among them, the interpretation of Contemplation (a.k.a. Conscious):

“Conscious–Influence Character Concern–
Ali considers certain things impossible—such as crossing the Nefud desert, rescuing Gasim, resolving the blood feud between his tribe and Auda’s, Lawrence passing for an Arab—until Lawrence proves otherwise.”

1 Like