Where is the videolink to the 2016 Story Embroidery session

I’ve been looking around and cannot find the videolink to the 2016 Story embroidery session that was held recently. Has it been posted yet? Anyone know where?

Haven’t posted it yet. On the dock for this week.

1 Like

Hi Jim. I’m wondering if you had a chance to post this yet. Don’t see it yet, but maybe I’m not looking in the right place. Thanks, Brendan

Getting around to it right now…

And here we go…finally! The video for the 2016 Story Embroidery class from last December.

Woohoo! Awesome. Thanks for the link, Jim.

4:45 “is Donnie the President?” LOL - and he’s even the Antagonist! :grinning:

The science fiction story goes well with how in the video Chris appears to be floating zero-G over a hardwood floor!

Seriously though, something weird happened when I was watching which TOTALLY supports the idea of Dramatica being a model of how the mind works. There was a bunch of discussion about the Main Character Unique Ability of “fantasizing about something”, which was suggested to be “Huong’s fantasies about the cyborg open her mind to different types of relationships” and Chris was asking how this helps achieve the Story Goal. I wanted to shout at the screen my idea, “which is what makes the aliens decide to reveal themselves to her”. But I didn’t think YouTube could hear me.

But then the very next story point that was brought up, MC Signpost 1 I think, was illustrated as “the aliens contact Huong by sending her a telepathic message”. I was floored, because that was exactly the kind of thing I was thinking! (Maybe YouTube could hear me after all?)

1 Like

Is there a link as well to the StoryForm info, gists and other generated info you all were using for this workshop? It’s hard to follow along with the audio alone.

Yes I will work on adding the links to those materials.

Here is the post with the story engine settings report: Create a Complete Story in Less than Two Hours.

It’s on my site now, I’ll work on making it accessible from the Dramatica site (need to make it prettier).

Jim’s link had a problem, but I found it on his blog:
http://narrativefirst.com/blog/2017/01/create-a-complete-story-in-less-than-two-hours

EDIT: whoa does Discuss have some cool new feature for previewing links now?!

1 Like

Thank you, Jim! The blog post, with the additional links, looks awesome.

Argh. Fixed it now. Need two of me. (Maybe three)

I finally finished watching this. I’m glad I watched to the end to see Chris’s “story time” section, because I think I learned something really cool.

When Chris was summarizing the IC Benchmark, he talked about how because Joey is a Change character, the benchmark is also showing his degree of changing his perspective. This isn’t really mentioned in the MC or IC Benchmark definitions, but it makes sense. Definitely going to remember that one!

(This tweaked a realization about my own story too – how my IC Benchmark of Memories is working, since he is a Change character too. I had made up a bland illustration for it but now I realize there’s something else way cooler going on in my story that fits perfectly, works better with his Innermost Desires concern, and ties in with his Change Resolve too.)

1 Like