Are types explored the same way as variations?

Hello,
Here I have a question: Value;Confidence,Worry and worth are not variations of progress. They are variations of Preconscious. So how do you define the quad to be explored ?

Welcome @nicodu!

In that post I was talking about the plot sequence report (you can find it in Dramatica under the “reports” tab). When you create a storyform, Dramatica “twists” the structure so that sometimes (often? usually?) the Issues explored under a particular Signpost Concern are from a different Concern. “Unwinding” this structure is how one works through the story. (There’s a lot of theory here that someone else would be better at explaining).

Anyway, in this example (probably from a story I was working on) OS Signpost 1 - Progress is working through the Preconscious issues.

Hey Lakis,
I have indeed noticed the fact that it comes from a different concern. But I can’t find the explanation or the relationship between these two items. It is precisely in studying the plot sequence report of Star Wars that suddenly discovered this new layer of progressive plot points.But I wasn’t able to understand where it comes from.
In your example, did you choose that quadrant or was it the engine that choose it for you. And if it the engine, where do you see it ?

The engine chooses the quadrant based on the storyform (I think, like Signpost order, this is proprietary to Dramatica but there are reasons and we can assume they are correct).

Assuming you have a complete storyform (all points selected) you can find the PSR in two places under the “reports” tab of Dramatica – Advanced Reports -> Plot Sequence and (more clearly) under Dramatica for Screenwriters -> “Using the Plot Sequence Report”.