Contextual Subgenres

I’m not sure if this was ever compiled into a document, but I found it helpful to put this together with the Concerns onto a printable reference set.

Here it is, if it helps anyone else.
Concerns_Contextual Subgenre.pdf (282.5 KB)

It’s not perfect, ideally each would be on its own slide, but meanwhile, maybe this will be helpful for others.

13 Likes

@jhay I have this idea of putting your subgenres in quads similar to the current dramatica tables.

It doesn’t have to be valid at this state but I believe it will give insight into what’s happening with subgenres.

You may have stumbled a dramatica type table of elements that’s definitive of sub genres.

when I get time, I’m going to work at putting your contextual genres in a dramatica style table

4 Likes

Sounds awesome! I did start doing this but never finished it, so I encourage you to go right ahead! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@jhay, would you be so kind to link to the other videos you have on this topic on vimeo?

1 Like

I’ve updated this resource/reference. Please see my newest post.

3 Likes

I actually only made these three! I never got around to the others, but if there’s still demand for these Dramatica videos, I’ll happily make more. It might take a little while, though. I don’t have much free time and can’t afford to take time off work at the moment.

But let me know if you guys want more videos like this, and I’ll add them to my list!

(Also, thank you again for the ePub. I’m genuinely thrilled we now have that in a convenient format.)

6 Likes