Ideas for community-contributed gist thread

There is absolutely no issue with people creating their own Gists, in fact–I would encourage it. I believe the idea is that somewhere down the road writers could submit their own gists for inclusion in future collections. And there would be a Dramatica Story Expert or two who could look over the list and make sure it doesn’t veer too far in the wrong direction.

That said, if you veer off in the wrong direction, I think if you are consistent with being off track the storyform will still read the same. In other words, if you are consistently inaccurate with the same datapoint the storyform will still work.

I had a notion to start creating a place where writers could upload their ideas for Gists. If everyone is still interested, we could look into it.

And @bobRaskoph I want to see what you’ve constructed!

1 Like

Not sure what to share.

I have lists of templates like these, for classes and types:
Gists["Universe"]="Being $CREATURE|Being from $SOMEWHERE|Being Locked In $CONTAINER|Being Locked Out of $CONTAINER|Being Lost in/at $CONTAINER|Being Stuck in/at $SOMEWHERE|Being Stuck in/at $SOMEWHERE without $OBJECT|Being Stuck with $SOMEONE|Being Stuck with $OBJECT|Being Stuck with $GROUP|Being Stuck without $OBJECT|Being Stuck without $VEHICLE|Being Stuck without $SOMEONE|Being Stuck without $GROUP|Being Stuck with $ATTRIBUTE|Being Stuck without $ATTRIBUTE|Having $POSSESSIVE|Being $OCCUPATION";

And lists like these for the variables depending on genre:

• horror["$CREATURE"] = "a Demon|a God|a Monster|a Vampire|a Werewolf|a Ghost";
  • horror["$SOMEONE"] = "the Jock|the Womanizer|the Macho|the Cheerleader|the Virgin|the Nerd|the Stoner|the Prankster|the Comic Relief|the Nice Guy|the Preacher|the abused wife|the roadblock wife|the abusive mother|the abusive father|the roadblock husband|the sadist";

The program simply goes through all the templates and replaced the variables with possible replacements. Nothing fancy.

1 Like

Happy to announce I am no longer bumming off a demo version!

1 Like

Awesome! I love it–more robust than mine.