Judgment: Subjective or Objective?

Maybe so. Like I said, I haven’t been following super close. As such, my comment about focus being the key can simply be taken as an aside to the conversation, just an opportunity to emphasize the point that Dramatica is all about author perspectives.

1 Like

Thought I was all set with Success/Bad until Greg came in :rofl:

I love @mlucas take on it.

It is Good in my eyes! It is typically something most people would see as Bad, losing faith, what a downer, right! But when the “thing” you have faith in is causing you and others problems, maybe that belief is really not worth keeping. (But it’s not so simple, losing this faith does not resolve the angst, it may even intensify it. What do you stand on now, after losing this?)

One hundred percent, yes. @jhull It’s a lot of reading, but I’d be really thankful if you could take a look at this. And thank you @mlucas for helping me out!

And then…@Greg comes in with

:laughing:

The other way around, yes. I see your point with the 1984 storyform, and the ending with the character feeling one way while it is clear to the audience that this is not a good thing. How would I go about doing so the other way around?
I don’t want to compromise my message to fit into a box, and I am certain Dramatica is flexible enough for my story here.

you just summed it up as I was writing this post. Yes, what I meant by being able to see it as both good and bad was a matter of definition, not actual judgment. I am very certain that the efforts in this story are a good thing.

2 Likes