Choosing the right concerns

But no one is trying to feed a dependency. He’s just stuck, so play around with OS universe/situation, imho. The MC could be Psychology.

Other characters in the story; all the OS characters are dealing with some form of dependency.

PS. Prish, please explain - What is ‘imho?’

“imho” is an abbreviation for “in my humble opinion.”

@Prish, when you say “He’s just stuck,” what character are you referring to? Just a clarifying question.

1 Like

The main character through-line, and maybe the protagonist?

Ah, I see.

By the way, what story are we talking about? The one with an OS of dependency, which @Emm is talking about above, or a different one? (Sorry for the late response, and for all the questions, @Prish.)

1 Like

Yes, the MC with a dependency OS. I am wrapping my mind around a person being dependent on a situation or habit and not a person. That’s why I was wondering if it is the same thing as being stuck in a certain kind of suffering.

2 Likes

First thing which came to mind was addiction. Dependency on their drug of choice. Gollum and the Ring, for example.

Or perhaps a person with an illness or injury who gets the chance to heal struggling with the fact they’d come to terms with being this way their whole life. In a way, they were dependent on the idea that they were ill or crippled as part of their identity. Fernando, the paraplegic character in the Netflix original 3%, had this exact issue.

1 Like