Secrets of the quad, understanding the working of the problem quad at a deeper level - my take on some things my Melanie Anne Philips

@jhull Is the positioning of the terms consistent throughout the model in this way i’ve outlined below?

Does the term in the top left always represent an external state? Does the term in the bottom right always represent an internal state? Does the term in the top right always an external process? Does the term in the bottom left always represent an internal process?
~-~
Can I conclude that actuality functions as knowledge, mass and an external state in the universe class?
Is actuality seen as a form of knowledge, mass, and an external state in the psychology class?
Is actuality seen as a form of space, ability and an external process in the mind class?
Is actuality seen as a form of knowledge, mass and an external state in the physics class?
Is this an accurate assessment of defining a problem, and solution in a quad?
Can I conclude that actuality in dramatica can only be seen as an external state or process in some form regardless of the class it falls under?

Can I conclude that?

Mind

Memory is a form of knowledge, mass and external state.
Conscious is a form of thought, energy and an internal state
Preconscious is a form of ability, space and an external process
Subconscious is a form of desire, time and an internal process

Psychology

Conceptualizing is a form of knowledge, mass and external state.
Conceiving is a form of thought, energy and an internal state
Being is a form of ability, space and an external process
Becoming is a form of desire, time and an internal process

Universe

Past is a form of knowledge, mass and external state.
Present is a form of thought, energy and an internal state
Progress is a form of ability, space and an external process
Future is a form of desire, time and an internal process

Physics

Understanding is a form of knowledge, mass and external state.
Learning is a form of thought, energy and an internal state
Doing is a form of ability, space and an external process
Obtaining is a form of desire, time and an internal process

Short answer, yes. Longer answer: The knowledge, thought, ability, and desire quad are fundamental to the theory, and they echo into every quad throughout. And since your other relationships attach to KTAD, the proof follows from there. Sometimes the relationship is quirky, or it isn’t particularly useful towards understanding that quad, but the relationship is there. I believe that answers your question.

In addition to @actingpower’s answer, I’d like to add that I believe I’ve heard Jim or Melanie report that the relationship of the Element quads to KTAD may be rotated. That is, that for some Element quads, the upper-left is not necessarily Knowledge, the upper-right not necessarily Ability, etc. So, going with this idea may help down to the Variation/Issue level, but could lead to invalid conclusions below that.

@Hunter I’ve thought about it more. One can flip how they think you ktad in relation to the terms below class level, (though I think you can apply it to the class quad but it could be confusing). At the lower levels below the class levels I think you can also flip the understanding of whether you see a particular term as:

an internal state or external state
An internal process or external process

The diagonals can change position but the dynamic pairing is what remains consistent.

An internal state and an external process cannot be a dynamic pair.

I think you can choose to see and dynamic pair as either

an internal state (thought, should) or external state (knowledge, need)

Or an internal process (desire, want) or external process (ability, can)