Clarification of "You" and "I"

The “You” perspective impacts the “I” perspective, but what about the “I” perspective focusing on the “You” perspective? Would that be considered a multi-appreciation moment, or just the “I” perspective perceiving the “You” impact?

IC: You must change
MC: Now why does Mr. IC want me to change so badly?

Both ways are possible…

If the MC (I-Perspective) adopts the IC (You-Perspective) than the Resolve of the MC is Change

If the IC (You-Perspective) adopts the MC (I-Perspective) than the Resolve of the MC is Steadfast

Depends which story you want to tell, there are different combination possible:

Here are some examples combining the Resolve with Judgment and Outcome:

MC Resolve is CHANGE and Judgment is GOOD:
The MC CHANGEs and can solve his personal problems by adopting the IC approach. The change of the MC is seen as a GOOD thing. Example: A greedy MC is lees greedy at the end of the story.

MC Resolve is STEADFAST and Judgment is BAD
The MC stays STEADFAST and cannot solve his personal problems. He forces the IC to adopt his approach. The steadfastness of the MC is seen as a BAD thing. Example: An ambitious man MC keeps pushing people until they jump out of the window.

MC Resolve is CHANGE, Outcome is SUCCESS, Jugdment is BAD
The MC CHANGEs and can SUCCESSfully solve the OS Goal by adopting the IC approach. The change of the MC is seen as a BAD thing as the MC cannot change is personal problems. Example: To be accepted by the group a student must do something immoral.

3 Likes

It’s not so much a “multi-appreciation moment” as it is a reinforcement of the two different points-of-view. As long as the Audience can tell who is the I and who is the You, you can really do anything you want.

4 Likes