Just wondering how you work with Subtext until you have a final Treatment.
Here is mine:
Prep in Dramatica
- Build Story Form
- Assign Gists
3. Upload Structure
4. Write Story Driver
5. Write Throughlines resp. Storybeats
6. Export Treatment as Markdown
- Import Treatment
- Colorcode Index Cards (see screenshot)
- Move around Cards until its fine
- Edit Text
- Compile Textfile
- Delete Gists and Throughlines references
- Polish Textfile to make it one single text
- Send the Treatment somewhere
My questions are:
- Do you go back to change Gists in Subtext for your Treatment?
- Do you keep Throughlines and/or Gists for each paragraphs somewhere for later reference?
- If you don’t keep the Gists/Throughlines and work on the screenplay weeks or month later how do you understand to the context of a certain paragraph?