How to use Dramatica to assess the development of the Corona Crisis

You guys are missing the long game, COVID is just a Driver…

Russia and China are playing us against each other to bring us down once and for all (Conceptualizing). Russia owns the Right, the CCP owns the Left. They’re using social media to get us worked up (Circumstances) with Awareness as the driving force (Pizzagate, QAnon, Wayfair, etc.). Black Lives Matters is their side gig (Equity and Inequity). It’s all a manipulation game…playing us by shifting the balance while we stand rooted in black and white.

Speaking of which…Evidence is our Main Character Issue…Epstein, all the statues, 400 years of repression (Memory) and the guilt (more Awareness) that we need to be punished with lockdowns and masks (Ability and Desire).

Our Influence Character wants to Make America Great Again, scaring us with Predictions of voter fraud and an approach that says there is nothing he cannot do to uphold his legacy (Ability).

And we will Change our Resolve to become just like him.

Covid was the Driver—but not the leading edge. The virus is the effect, the Administration’s decision to stop favorable trade deals with China the cause. COVID was not an accident…which means the only way this ends is with another decision—or indecision.

Our inability to choose our next President in November will lead to Civil War. Right vs Left—a giant mis-Interpretation of intent and mis-Understanding of our true Relationship with one another. Our hyper-Awareness of each other’s faults will be the final chapter of our American tragedy.

Of course, I could just be telling a story…

7 Likes

My first class in a college fiction writing class in 1993 had the full Professor (who retired a few years later), tell us first thing, “You can never write real life because no one would believe you.” I always regretted not asking him to expound in it before ‘leaving’ us. It sure gave Screenplay Systems a new customer … haha.

3 Likes

Not to mention that finding a vaccine is an engineering problem, not a thematic problem, so…

3 Likes