@mlucas, great example
In my current story the driver is Action … assuming … as I there are a lot of action scenes which keep changing the plot.
However it’s difficult for me proving it, especially the first story driver.
My thinking for it goes like, ah…
- A boys parent decide (Decision) to separate and this cause all the circumstances he lives in today
- No wait, the boy beats his classmate (action) because he is so angry about his fathers betrayal
- No wait, the school finds this letter with an amok warning and decides (decision) it was him
Everything starts with the separation, but this happens much earlier and is not part of my story. The story itself (what you see) starts with #2
In that case, how is the story driver defined: Based on
- when my first story event/driver really happened (#1)
- when my story starts (#2)