Check it out! If that’s the case, and she is steadfast… it could be a matter of Subconscious:
- being devoted (to Harlan… to her job as a nurse–as evident when she tries to save Fran despite the fact she would prove her guilt)
- carrying a torch for someone
- giving in to love
- could also manifest in being rejected by a particular group once the will is read.
And this is the thing that causes her, and her alone conflict!
Marta’s good heart is the thing causing her conflict over letting Harlan kill himself so her family will be okay.
Her good heart is the thing causing her conflict over saving Fran.
Her good heart is the thing that causes her to follow through with what she knows is right, helping Harlan do what he wanted to do for his family (even if that means cutting them off).
Which would land Harlan/Ransom in Future!
- getting a continuance
- changing the future
- looking down the road
- protecting something’s future
- protecting one’s future
- securing a future for yourself…
Oh man, this feels so much better to me.