Online hosted version of Dramatica software: Has anyone thought of this?

I’ve noticed some software programs I’m dealing with lately are converting to an online-hosted/subscription-based model. While I’m not a big fan of this, as I like to buy a product once rather than buy it over and over and over again, this might be a way for the many people I’ve seen on this board–who have been asking for a Windows PC version of Dramatica Software–might be accommodated. The benefits of this would be that all operating systems might be able to be accommodated as well, including mobile ones. Also in this model, one would always be up-to-date with the latest version of the Dramatica program. This might be pie-in-the-sky, but I thought I’d throw the idea out there anyway. Thoughts?

3 Likes

For cross platform purpose this might be a good solution, but not as a subscription model. For Ulysses, a nice text editor which I used to collect different kind of text when I was travelling, I didn’t go for the subscription model as many other users did not as well. I don’t know why all this people stepped off. It might not be only because of the cost in the short term, but maybe because of the cost dependencies on the long term.

After working with Dramatica since more than 4 years, for me it would be cool to have a mobile/online version with

• 1 screen to make my choices
  • 1 screen for the brainstorming
  • 1 help screen with examples and explanations and
  • 1 email/upload printed pdf story engine report function.

That’s basically what I am using every day – and as far as I can judge some other people in this forum also using Dramatica “only” to get to the storyform and do everything outside (in Scrivener, or in the past in Ulysses).

Btw: If the dramatica core would be available as a web service I volunteer to build a PHP version whit the above 3 screens and function.

…and a mobile version (OS, Android) would satisfy all users (Win, Mac, Linux…) at the same time.

2 Likes